06 June, 2006

The real working life, not just chilling in some tropical place!

It took me a while to get started on this blog, but when I read about Martin supposedly working in between scuba diving, sunbathing and playing Golf, I had to give this blog a bit more sense of reality, as for most people, working life unfortunately does not sound like a vacation....
Although my debut to as a poster to this blog has been quite late, but I have been following it up, and its so great to hear what impact Turkey had on all of you! This blog such a great thing to stay connected so lets keep it up!

Since many of you don?t know what I have been up to since last summer when I left Turkey, a little update on my life since then. Getting back was hard at first, but you have experienced that yourself probably. Missing the life I had in Turkey I was contemplating of doing another traineeship in some exotic place, but out of money I decided to finally get real and get a proper job! Even though at times I was dreaming of doing something more meaningful, with my education and work experience I eventually ended up in banking after all. So since 3 months I am now in London, working my ass off for an investment bank (I crazily chose the worst team in terms of working hours ? M&A, 80h+, but its definitely the most exciting). But before I threw myself into this hell I was travelling for almost a month in India, rambling all over Rajastan, travelling the Golden Triangle and chilling out in Goa.
This summer I?ll be for 6 weeks in NY for training, last chance to living a fun life once more! Anybody around at that time? For the rest my life continues to be a lasting analogy to Istanbul. Crossing the Thames river on my way to work reminds me each time of the beautiful Bosphorus and Istanbul?s magic?
I am looking already much forward to the planned reunion, will be so great to be back! Actually I was in Istanbul in December and almost missed my flight back as a result of too much Tequila at Joker...


Hugs to all of you!

Sindy

1 comment:

Aakash Sethi said...

and i am working too, but i still get to office at istanbul time :)

Tequila at joker? Oh my god, i think i saw you there that night !