15 November, 2006

La Reunión Magnífica

Hey all, sorry I've kind of been away from the blog... lazy, unmotivated, south - some words that come to mind that describe my state at the moment. There is a German proverb I once read which said something like:
"Commitments are like the full moon, if they aren't made immediately they diminish day by day"
and with that I pledge my commitment to La Reunión Magnífica. As far as time is concerned I think we should get there Thursday, July 5th and meet at Galatasaray Lisesi around 10:30pm, go to Montreal for some drinks, then Joker while its early and the rest should be history. ;-) All jokes aside, yeah early July seems good for me. And depending on $$$ I may continue my travels into Beirut, Cairo & Dubai (if anyone's interested let me know). Also I definitely want to stay in Istanbul for 10 days at least, the longer the better cause its more time with you guys!

On another front, my graduation is June 17th and you are all invited to attend. But yeah if realistically anyone happens to be in northern California in mid-June make plans to attend this party! What I plan to do following graduation is unclear, I got a couple of interviews last week, haven't heard back yet, may apply to some more jobs, but I think I'll try to do something somewhere in the world and apply to graduate school... how cool i am!

See you all in exactly 232 days on Istiklal!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear from you! and finally... DATES!!!! Your plans seem cool. Dubai and Cairo are very very nice options! I would love to join you... it wil depend on $$$. I will be waiting for you in istiklal.. what about Galata high school?! see you there! Oh, and congratulations for yoour graduation!!! How cool yu are! Hugs!

monicasmedia said...

Ya man, that's the spirit! Congrats on your almost graduated status. Good luck in the corporate world and if you turn into a serious brotherfucking prick with a pickle up his ass, I'll get the trannies on Istiklal to fly into California to personally pull it out!

Monica:)

Cris! said...

i was fuking missing you man... i'll be there for sure.
and I exhort tha people to come
hugs to everyone!

Peace!

ivuska said...

Hey, great someone is finally planning specific dates! (Thx Ash) Anyway I am still in Turkey and gonna be here until September, so perhaps I could make reservations for accomodation if I know number of people and exact time. Not that that is usually neccessary in Istanbul but if there is more of us and it's in the summer, I thought it would be good.
Btw Istiklal and Balik Pasaji changed so much, u wont believe it...

Aakash Sethi said...

yo yo yo bobs of the world, sorry for the silence, have been very caught up in work etc. I will be there for sure. Cant wait to meet everyone with fred by our side.

carmen said...

Hi everyone! I know I am 'hyperactive' on the blog..promise to update you a bit soon, there's been a lot going on in my life, though I haven't travelled too much.

This reunion is 'too good to be true' (to quote Tsveti), so it's good to fix some dates already, especially for those of us who need to take days off.

Miss you all, hugs from romania!

basilio said...

ok! last time i checked there were only 2 responses but now there are 7! so add one more.
thanks for the date ash... interesting it takes south people to plan a reunion
ill be there of course, maybe half hour late to keep it casually south

Megan (the other one) said...

Hey,

Some of you don't know me, but some of you do. I'm the Australian Megan, not the American one. The accent's different. Ashfaque invited me to your reunion anyway. And your blog.

My life's the usual story. I got bored with investment and Japanese delegations that want to hire cars and drive for hours through the outback to see a business or meet companies on public holidays. Should I say that on the internet? Sorry my Japanese banking friend if for some random reson you are trolling through the internet instead of working. So I decided to up and go to London. No I don't have a job. Or family. Or a place to stay. I'm just moving there. For no reason. Although there is another story about discussing possibilities being overheard by the work you know what and having her announce my resignation. Kind of forces your hand there. I hated my job anyway, so its a chance to get out. When you graduate, don't necessarily take the first job you get even though you are completely uninterested in the area. Living with a psycho is also a pain.

Anyway, after that long story you can kind of gather I will be in Europe around reunion time if someone tells me when that is. And if I'm earning punds I should be able to afford the plane fare. Or I hope I will be and I haven't been deported. Or living on the streets.

I have to go and so that Japanese stuff. Then pretend to work.

Megan