03 August, 2005

meeting with a certain frenchman


hey guys, hope everyone is doing well, and is checking back in here every now and then. good to know that the 603 spirit is unbroken (especially with the Galata bridge bombings - I saw a picture on BBC of the spot, its a place we passed by several times... creepy!).

Dutch guy and everyone else on the list, I got the Scheghen visa, and I'll be arriving in Lisbon on the 2nd of September, and be leaving from there again on the 22nd of September. The rest of my plans is completely open ended. I'd love to meet up with as many 603/Istanbulers as possible and hopefully check out their respective countries. I'd really like to visit Madrid, Barcelona, Paris and Amsterdam apart from spots around Portugal me and the Captain will be ripping apart!

But I wanted to let you guys know I met up with Manu this weekend. I was in DC to visit my brother to go and see an AC Milan game in New Jersey (against Chelsea). So we planned to meet and we did. He's working at the French Embassy with the Public Relations section, and is enjoying it so far. He went to New York last week and had a blast with Pat and all. Here's a photo. (The lady taking the photo though we were gay... even after we sort of explained I think she still thought we were gay!!) Any how more later.

- Ash

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

selam aleykum arkadaslar,
It was nice to see you again, Ash, well I hope we'll meet up again in Dc, NYC, whatever...
why not next week, as Pat and Martina are likely to come to DC for a few days...?
let's talk about it soon.
hope you're doing right at stanford, hard worker!
take it easy.
e.