08 March, 2007

Accomodation in Istanbul - please read, this is important!

Since I am still in Turkey I was delegated the responsibility of taking care of accomodation. In order to do that, I need a few answers from all of you.

1) Aakash and I thought that it would be best if we all stayed in some dorm-like (read cheap to keep the spirit) place somwhere around Taksim. We could walk everywhere and we would be able to hang out all together. Any objections/other ideas? - Please let me know

2) I also need to know who is coming and when (how many nights are you planning to stay in Istanbul, which days). In order to be clear, could everyone please send me an e-mail with this information to ivuskawalterova@gmail.com? It would be great if you could send me this information within the next two or three weeks. Thanks!



P.S. I am also making sure that Fred joins the party, so we should be all set :)

3 comments:

basilio said...

great! somewhere around taksim would be perfect. do you think the idea Cris proposed of an apartment in taksim is possible? do you have any idea of how much would that cost or if there is availability?
thanks iva

Aakash Sethi said...

Ivuska...you are a star!
I think its worth exploring the idea of an apartment. As of now I think we are looking at a figure of about 12-14 people. It would be helpful to see if any of our contacts have any leads for the apartment. I will ask AIESEC and Bekir about it.

Nicole Goergen said...

An apartment would be perfect! We can all check on craigslist and I can ask Sefer to do some searching as well. He is usually pretty good at finding some good deals.

So...I am also wondering where people are planning on traveling. I've heard Eastern Turkey, Syria, Iran, and Egypt. I wish there was a better way to coordinate. Maybe we should try to organize some kind of Skype conference call about timing and travel plans...