02 March, 2007

Monica's on board!

I'm psyched! Okay, so I just got an official, permanent, non-contract job with wonderful benefits doing great work which I really enjoy with awesome people! Wooo oh, it's working for a Foundation on the corporate philanthropy side of things! It also means that I can now officially book my vacation time which is 12 days but I might be able to work it into 3 weeks with sick days and a few other things.

So.....I know some people are going to Europe, others are talking about Iran/Syria... with three weeks it's not so much time to be country hopping all over the place so I'm thinking 1 week in Istanbul of some hard core reminisching, tributes to old time aka party central, fred is invited. Then I'd like to head off to the beaches along the Mediterrean coast, Antalya, Fethiye, Bodrum...and take it East, near Van Lake. I would be up for some Syria/Iran border crossing depending on time.

Istiklal, mediye, Galatasarey here we come!! Mid to end of June/early July is awesome! Oh by the way, where will we stay in Istanbul?

5 comments:

Cris! said...

Great!
i think is time to think where are the 603 delegation will be sleeping!
in a apartment in taksim with a balcony where we can see the Bosporus
just an idea :P

basilio said...

i didn't thought of that, but that would be just perfect! like the apartment in 'gegen die wang' and 'the sound of istanbul'... those apartments in taksim are amazing. i wouldn't mind sleeping on the floor if we can stay in a place like that

monicasmedia said...

You guys saw that too! I love that documentary...sweet.......I'm all over that. But how realistic....

basilio said...

well, i know, but then again, how realistic is to even think that you could reunite more than 10 people from around the world in the same place after 2 years? if that is possible anything else is a piece of cake

Aakash Sethi said...

I love that attitude Bas!!! The winners attitude and I fuckin agree with you!!! Its mindblowing and I cant wait