14 July, 2005

Rising to the Call-an update from the Canadian girl in Costa Rica

Wow, after reading those amazing posts, I feel so nostalgic. First of all I'd like to say, all of you guys rock and it's because of that, that I can bust a smile and say "it was awesome" when people ask me "so how was Istanbul?" To the new trainees, live it up man and screw work.

I'm happy to hear yall have upcoming travel plans. I myself, could not wait to get out of the boring city of Ottawa right away, and so I did two months later and here I am in San Jose, Costa Rica. It's not with AIESEC this time, but with the Canadian government and this time around things are different. Well, it's only been two weeks, but I love my job (web design for a Children's Rights NGO) and I love what the organization does. I don't feel that settled in yet cause I have yet to make a good group of close friends and yet to party it up!!

But the great thing is that I've contacted the AIESEC here and am going to an Aiesec party tonight to meet the trainees and Aiesecers. How cool is that! And the best part is that a former Istanbul trainee gave me the contact name. So it makes me feel much better to know that a group of really cool travelling, partying people will always be an email away whenever it's time to make new friends.

I signed off the Istanbul list sooner than I thought I would have (I´m nostalgic enough), but no matter since this is the real spirit of Istanbul trainees. 603 lives on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monica
www.monicastravels.com

No comments: