07 July, 2005

So what about the venezuelan guy?

I've been checking the blogs and websites of some of the people I met in Istanbul, for the last couple of hours, and I'm getting very nostalgic now. I had such an amazing time in Istanbul. I consider myself very lucky to have had the opportunity to live in such an inspiring and beautiful city as Istanbul, and to have known, lived and experienced so many things with the people I met there. But you know that so I wont repeat myself.

I also realized, once again, the importance of recording so many wonderful experiences and thoughts, and this blog is just a perfect way to do that (and more). That's why I answer the call that Aakash made and I'm officialy starting to write here now. It's ironic (but mostly just plain stupid) that, in the same blog I helped to create, I didnt write anything until now, that I'm not there anymore. But that doesnt matter. The places can change but the spirit goes on. The 603 spirit. It can be a different room or a different country, it doesnt matter. This blog is a great way to keep us together and keep the spirit alive so I hope everybody answers to the call.

There are not too many news from this side of the world. I'm trying to focus on writing my paper for university, which I have to give at early september. If everything goes as planned (or not planned), I should be graduating in november. After that, I still exactly dont know what will happen but I'm sure that I will do my best to continue travelling. Where? I dont know, but I'm very focus about that. My time in Istanbul made me realize so many things, but the most important is that it gave me new hopes and things to look forward. It openned so many options in a period of my life when I finally have the time to follow them. I'm very excited about that.

I met a friend from university last week who has inspired me even more. He did a traineeship in France and travel around Europe and even Turkey last year. He also did a backpacker/hitchicker trip around Canada for a couple of months. I was very surprise to hear that he did all these in the time I didnt see him (2 years), but the best part is that he graduated 2 weeks ago and is going back to Europe in about 3 weeks. He plans to go from Eastern Europe to India, by bus and train, and pay for his travel working from place to place. I would like to make a campaign to help him in his journey, so anyone that knows of somebody where he could stay please tell me. I will publish his route another day. There are not too many venezuelans who would even think of doing something like this but I can identify perfectly with him and his reasons. I want to do something similar so his trip is almost like a forecast of mine. That's also why I want to help him as much as I can.

I have the feeling this is just the beginning and, as I said, the spirit goes on. The world is much more reachable now and distances got shorter. I dont know if I'm too optimistic now but I like the feeling.

Long live 603!

No comments: