06 March, 2006

Mi vida

The last time I wrote here about what's happening in my life was not so many posts ago, but it has been more than 3 months.

Since then, I had a not so exciting december holidays and started working at the beginning of January. I'm currently working in a software development company, on a project for a travel agency (which is a beautiful premonition). My master plan is still to work this year and save some money to go to my next unknown destination.

I've been really busy just with my job, but I like what I'm doing, so it's no real sacrifice. Outside of my job I've been relatively busy also.

I worked in another short-movie 3 weeks ago. This time it was a special-effects-filled sci-fi comedy with more than 40 people working on set. A little different from my other film experience.

I played a futuristic sentinel for an evil telecomunications megacorporation (with a futuristic uniform and all). It might sound as a great role, but I was actually an extra. I found out the hard way that extras are not very appreciated in the professional film industry, so it was not as fun as my other experience, but interesting nonetheless.

I was waiting for the pictures to write about that, but the pictures are late as usual. As soon as I get them I will post some of them here.

For carnival I went to a small town named El Callao, famous for their carnivals and for their gold mining. It is very far from most of the venezuelan big cities, so you don't see many city people around there, even if their carnival is one of the most well-known in Venezuela. The celebration is basically drinking a lot of rum and dancing a lot of live-played calypso, with a lot of people, for 4 consecutive days. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot more to it, like some local traditions with afro-caribbean influences, the colourful parades, the giant moving soundsystems... but the drinking, the dancing, the music and the collective energy are what stands out. Pure and simple celebration

I took some pictures. None of them capture the magnitude of the celebration and chaotic spirit but you can get an idea of the place, the color and the people.

A morning parade

One of the sound-systems

Singing with the air-mic behind the giant sound system pushed by man-power

As Cristiano so truly said, I also have Istanbul on my veins, in my blood. It amazes me to still find out the impact that the experience had on me.

I can honestly say that I'm on a point of my life in which I feel happy and confident with who I am, where I come from and where I'm going, even if I haven't completely figured out that part yet. There is nothing extraordinary in my life right now for me to say that, but I've learned to appreciate what I have, and Istanbul and all of you are a big part of that.

So, that's my life now.

Love you all,

Basilio

No comments: