20 March, 2006

My reunion with Ataturk

Not long after I came back to Venezuela I heard the rumor that there was an Ataturk statue, not only in Caracas, but just a few minutes from my neighborhood, in a park I have passed by many many many times in my life before. Ever since then I've been wanting to pass by one more time, see if it was true, and take some pictures... but it took me a little longer than I expected.

I don't know if it's just coincidence or what, but the neighborhood where the statue is it's called 'Santa Sofia', and I realized the connection with Istanbul just today when I saw the sign where it says 'Santa Sofia' just next to 'Plaza Kemal Ataturk'.

Maybe Ataturk is also near your house and you don't even know. Ataturk is really everywhere.


1 comment:

Cris! said...

My good friend u found light! crazy crazy ... I?m astonished how can be possible a ataturk statue in fuking Caracas? I will try to find one in my country!!! Will be hard

Peace!