24 April, 2006

Getting back to Life !

So here I am in India for the last 2 weeks and getting a taste of the craziness of this country again. Thank heavens that I am in the south where the temperature stays in control and doesnt go beyond 33-35 degrees during summer as compared to my home town where it hits 45-47 regularly. I am sure all of you have been through this phase of getting back to reality and it hits you hard.

After living in such a diverse environment surrounded by the crazy strikers its a bit difficult not to have different faces from all around the world and bitch about the world. Its difficult not to have the boshphorus around and it difficult not to have a good place that serves nargile. There are many little memories of Istanbul that make it special and not having anyone around to share those memories make it a challenge. I am going to meet all the AIESEC trainees here to see if I can provide them with any valuable services. Till then you can enjoy this snap from my farewell which deserves a different post.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hindiii!

Oh! I guess more or less everybody felt exactly the same and that is may be why when we come back to our reality...we try to get in touch with foreigners... it is a way to find "THE" way not to feel lost nor alone... nor misunderstood... nor strage... nor a foreigner in our own country!!!
Well... it makes me remember that when it happened to me... I had a nice hindiii calling me from time to time... helping me to find enought strenght to go on!

***Love***

basilio said...

great to have you back in here

Aakash Sethi said...

Yeah, I was bit in the hood trying to deal with too many things at the same time, but now you'll find more of me here...great to see this place alive and kicking as we had visualized it. its really energizing to see !!

monicasmedia said...

Aaa Aakash, best of luck with your job in Bangi. You're going to do great things my friend!
Peace and Love

ashfaque said...

yeah its kind of hard to find someone to share your experiences with when you just get back. being in university abroad though its not as weird, because when i go back there are so many other friends who also go to university abroad that even if its not the same place/country the experiences are relatable; but with the 603 experience its not so easy... 'how cool we are'.