15 February, 2007

Proposed Dates for our Reunion

Hello Bobs of the world,

Well to say that I have been irregular would be an understatement. I wrote a long entry, it took me so long to write it (about 1 day) that by the time I hit publish post it has dissapreared just like i did from this blog. Well Hindi is back and back in full swing. Let me give you a sneak peak into life in the last 9 months.

Moved to bangalore in April 2006, working with an NGO called the International Youth Foundation
Met up with Ash, Adi and Dennis recently in San Francisco (All Istanbul trainees)
Called up Cris to get the magic potion for making Sangria before a party yesterday
Brought a big smile on my face when I heard Bas 'planning' his travel in Europe
I suddenly feel this urge to go back to Istanbul and work.
My home is a mini 603 den with stolen items, barbeque, photographs and more importantly the spirit, come to Bangalore to find that out.
Oh and fred still visits often.

Coming to more interesting things in life, thanks Natercia for taking the initiative to suggest dates. I think we should lock some dates so that all of us can rally around those in order to make sure we are all getting there at the same time and spending time together. After all Istanbul is different when everyone is together, who knows when we will get this chance again and we need to make the most of it when we are there. I know some of us are planning visits to Syria, Morocco, Iran etc. we can do this before or after the agreed dates for Istanbul.

Taking the que from Natercia, I am proposing that we meet in front of Galatasaray school at midnight of 17th June, Sunday. This means we get our asses there by the evening of the 16th June, Saturday. We can spend the week doing things together and have our last party on the 22nd June, Saturday before we head out to our onward destinations. I dont know how long you guys were planning on spending in Istanbul, but I think if I had to do justice to the place with everyone together, I would need atleast 6 days if not more.

Needless to say this is only a suggestion and we can have a discussion around it to freeze on a date. I propose that lets agree on a date that suits most people by the 21st of February so that it gives us enough time to make other plans and maybe look for accomodation and stuff.

So arkadas lar...lets shoot it, this is the meeting of the legends...the meeting of a movement, the meeting of 603! :)

Sherefe!
Aakash

8 comments:

basilio said...

hey hindi! it's great to hear from you again
as you know, i'm not part of the date discussion because basically i'm taking a long holiday this year, but i think is a good idea to decide now and set a deadline for that

Sindy Breschke said...

What is happening?

Bobbie master is proposing a hard core plan, even with a response deadline! South goes North?
Dunno why not much response so far, but when I tried get this comment as a post it said the originator (ur call Bas?) needs to move the blog to the new version?!?

Anyway, the plan to kick off our reunion on June 17th in front of Galatasaray and finish with a grand finale a week later is absolutely awesome! Bobs, let's do it!

Regarding a place to stay, there is this hostel just off Istiklal between Galatasaray lisesi and Tunel where I stayed once. We could rent some rooms there - would be cheap, a great reminiscence to or dorm days AND they have got a roof terrace where Freddie will be most welcome!

Those who plan on travelling before/after the reunion, let's get this sorted as well, would love to join in for any destination!

Cheers, Sindy!

Aakash Sethi said...

Thanks guys for your responses. Looks like 3 out of the gang dont have a problem with these dates. I heard from Iva and Ash that they are fine with these dates as well. I spoke to Manu today and he can plan to come over during this time as well. I know a lot of others are thinking about coming, Cris, Natercia, Nikki, Carmen, Monica....and others that I am forgeting, could you please put your thoughts here as well?

I am in touch with some turkish guys that we hung out with, Umut, Orhan, Firat etc...I will touch base with them and see if they could hang out when we are there.

Anonymous said...

Heyyyy!

Sorry for this "late" answer Aakash !!! Finally your north spirit taking control of our southness! Well, I have no problem with those dates! (I will be travelling before and after!) I will buy my plane tickets at the end of the month so I hope plans won't change after that! Hugs!

carmen said...

hey, guys!
I am glad to see that things are moving :)

well, if everyone is ok with June 17th, why shouldn't I be? :) seriously speaking, I was rather in for May, but I understand we have to consider when is best for as many as possible to join..so, count me in, it will be great, I am also interested in finding an ok place to stay and Sindy's proposal sounds nice!

and guys, I need your help with some advice..I am planning to spend the week before our meeting roaming around Turkey..for sun, relax, and not only..I know that, unlike me, all of you got to see other places besides Istanbul; so, please share!

cheers,
carmen

Aakash Sethi said...

Awwwriittee...sounds like this works for most people. Lets wait till monday before we can get responses from others and then finalize.

ashfaque said...

hey kids, mid-june works great, i can't leave before june 18th cause i graduate on the 17th, so this'll be really special. since you lose a day when travelling east its most likely i'll be in istanbul on the 19th. i'm already looking into tickets.

on another travel note, i'm going to brazil and venezuela for 10-12 days in end of march. so that should be good.

Cris! said...

i don't know what's happening with my account but i cant log in i the blogger...

anyway what was going to be a post will be a comment
I have as philosophy of life... live for small moments, small pleasure. One of those small moments happened when Hindi call me to know the sangria receipt.
what a funny moment. it was in my first days in my new job i was in the car with other journalist and this guy called asking me how to make a sangria... it was morning and i was speaking with a guy in the other side of the world "just" to explain how to do the holy potion...


because of that and many many other reasons hopefully i will be in at Galatasaray lisesi at that Saturday night!


Peace bro's