22 October, 2005

The End of an Era

Finally, after exactly one year and one month since I arrived Turkey to start my traineeship, and 8 years of career in University, I completed all my academic responsibilities yesterday when I did a presentation on my traineeship/thesis/report/paper/thing.

The reasons why I took so long to finish my degree and traineeship/thesis are not relevant for this post, but I can tell you that a mayor part of it is because of the travels I have made in this period, which, as you can imagine, I don't regret at all.

I have taken a huge burden out of my shoulders, that I have carried mostly for the last 4 months since I came back, and now I can resume my 'normal' life again. Now you will see me going online at msn messenger more often, or at all, I will write and reply emails, I will write more often in this blog (and change the layout as I proposed), etc.

I have many plans for my future now that I have ended my thesis and career. I actually spent most of the time in the last 4 months thinking about my future plans. For the moment, I want to do everything that I enjoyed or wanted to do before starting my college life and stopped or decreased doing because of the lack of time. I made a list. I want to read and write more often again, to learn french or even portuguese, to learn photography, to take piano lessons, to do swimming and yoga regularly, to travel more and to work in film production, among other things.

Don't get me wrong, I also have many plans for my career, since I also like very much what I studied, but it's not the only thing I want to do with my life, at least not for the moment.

To begin with my new plans, I already started working in a short film production. Two months ago I met a film student at a party, and he told me that he was going to make a short film soon. I told him that I was very interested in helping in anything he needed. Two weeks ago I got a call from him to tell me that he was going to start shooting this week. After a few meetings, now I will be doing the sound recording and helping with the editing and soundtrack of the film. We started filming on wednesday but, because of my presentation, I had to stop for a couple of days. I'm very exciting about this project for many reasons, mainly because it was something I was always curious about, and it came just when I needed it.

We will be shooting for the next week and half and then start the editing. I will post some pictures of the film production soon.

Well, that's it for now. My graduation act will be in one month by the way.

Şerefe!

2 comments:

ashfaque said...

bas I'm so happy that you got this out of the way, it seems you are less worried about the future than you were about finishing the thesis. this is really exciting and inspiring man, especially for me since i have some way to go before i can move on to bigger an better things, as you seem to be doing. congrats! cok cok!!

ash

Anonymous said...

Heyyyy!!!!


Congratulations!
I am so happy for you! You finally made it! That makes me remember that I have to do mine this year so ... I will keep your example in mind...

Big Hugs!
Love
Nat