11 October, 2005

Finally, a post from the nominee for the next "El Padrino"

To all the Bobbies, Bobs, and Bobsters of the world,

It has been a quite a while since I have last checked the infamous blog. I can not believe how much it has grown and how hot the fire remains. It is so great that the bond that was created within this group is still so strong that it has yet to bend or break even now that most have gone to their respective home countries and are scattered across the entire world. It was so heartwarming to read so many people's posts reminiscing about their personal 603 experience and life there after. I thought it was finally time for me to break the loop and share my story.

As some of you may know I loved Istanbul and 603 and of course the BF oh so much I decided to extend my stay six months longer than originally intended. Or maybe it is because I miss college life so much that I am attempting to extend it by living the ''in-between,'' life of a college student in the dorms with a job-like thing that requires no commitment. Who knows, the point is that I am back doing what we all so much enjoyed doing, living in the moment, creating bonds with people from around the world, and hanging out withAakash :-) I never thought for a moment that I would ever end up staying so long that I would be running against the only trainee left that has any recollection of Denis Lokantasi and the Fucking Hill in the gypsy neighborhood of Kasimpasha for the position of El Padrino, but here I am. I'm just too cool for this world :-)

A sum of my life since the shift from the original 603:

Bodrum at its best.

+

CEEDing it up with the AIESECers

+

The Captain acting as Moses leading us through the sand and dividing the ocean in search of Bangli's lost belt at our partial reunion in Portugal.

+

Home to the land of 10,000 lakes to hang with the fam and knock some sense into myself.

+

Back to Istanbul to follow my heart, with a sweet traineeship at Saatchi to boot.

=

Keeping the 603 Spirit alive.

Missing all of you so much! I honestly can not say how great it was to get to know each of you. 603 is just not the same without you. Let's make sure to meet again in the near future.

"Till the End,"
Nikki