04 September, 2005

'Its official'

Well its exactly 5.19 am, just a while back i have walked back down the hill (not jumping on cars this time) from 45 ! Annnnneeeeeettttttaaaaa has just had her farewell tonite and Iva has had hers yesterday :) So basically 'its official', Me, Myself that is Aakash is the next Padrino. (I guess my potential for being Gregs successor was first pointed out by Marteen back in April 2004 and I was quite shocked at his prediction)

Anyways, Ash, Cris, Natercia and Nikki are having a blast in Captain's city. I get this message from the Captain 'stupid Aakash we are totally drunk, me, ash, Nikky, Natercia me is cris We are drinking absent is Fucking strong you pussy Peace?'

I call them up through the skype out account at 3.25 am, not caring that the my roomies/hommies were asleep, talk to all 4 of them, felt good :) Ofcourse wished that I could be there as well, but i couldnt make up mind who was missing who more, the 4 of them for not having the rest of us around or the rest of us not being around!

Anyways, these days I get this question a lot, how is it for being here for sooooooo long, which period was the one you cant forget and which are the people you cant forget. The typical diplomatic reply is to say ' You have to live every experience as a different one and not compare it to anyother' But the fact of the matter is that I cant help but compare, however much I try, while coming down Istiklal, I still remember our walks back from drunk nights, whenever I am in 203, I still visualize us watching the movies together, and whenever we are with freddy, I remember the time when the term 'fred' was coined.

The fact of the matter is that our bond and time was definetly special, I dont think anything can really replace the spirit, and yes good things do come to an end, I am glad we had this time together, and I am glad it ended 'physically' it left behind a spirit that I carry, and the same spirit today is being carried by someone in Portugal, USA, Czech Republic, Turkey, Netherlands, Poland, Venezuela, Canada, Costa Rica etc. etc. Today as well as in the coming years, when I meet anyone from any of these countries my face lights up, it reminds me of the times and it always will and I know if one fine day my grandchild comes up to me and tells me, Gradpa I am off to (Portugal, USA, Czech Republic, Turkey, Netherlands, Poland, Venezuela, Canada, Costa rica etc. etc) on an exchange program, I will probably accompany them to spend and relive the good times or will just shoot him contact info of some of you, so that when he/she is feeling homesick he could just hop over at your place for a quick 'home made' meal ! (Probably one out of the 3 things you will feed, he/she would have eaten cooked by Granpa himself!

Its 5.52 now, and I have blabbered enough!

1 comment:

basilio said...

man, i really wish i was there also... please someone write about the 603 reunion and put some pictures. that would be a perfect first post for cristiano by the way. i hope you read this and my last post and write something