14 September, 2005

reunions and nostalgia

Wow, I haven´t checked this blog for a few weeks and I'm very impressed. Iva´s post especially rings so true. This past week I had two reunions of my own, one with Pat and his gf Martina and also with some friends I hadn´t seen for two years since we had our exchange in Mexico. When they left, I was left with a feeling of homesickness that I hadn´t felt since I´d gotten here. But the homesickness wasn´t just for "home" but it contained all the nostalgic feelings of you guys and Istanbul. And when Iva said it doesn´t happen often, that is so true. It´s true for me here in Costa Rica and I think the magic and also hard times of a city like Istanbul really pulls everyone together.

I feel optimistic though because already in the past few months I have seen some ppl I never would have thought I would meet again. Nuinuy came to San Jose a while ago, the Pat and Martina, and then my American friends. And the European reunion is soooooooo cool, lovin those pics, thanks Ash.

That´s a super cool pic Bas, and kudos to you and Cristiano for always keeping it spunky and entertaining, will try to take or find a pic that matches your talent.

I can´t believe I only have 3 months left in Costa Rica, this is really passing so quickly. I guess sooner or later I´d have to find a stable job in Canada and grow some roots, for a while.

I´m happy to see yall tanned and smiling:)

No comments: